World Of Quotes

Quotes, Sayings, and Proverbs
 This day in History - November 2
367 Historic Events for November 2
1960

Dimitri Mitropoulos, Greek/US conductor/composer, dies at 64

Death
1960

Bruce Baumgartner, Haledon NJ, wrestler (Oly-gold/br-84, 88, 92, 96)

Birth
1960

Adam Lingner, NFL center (Buffalo Bills)

Birth
1960

Dmitri Sjostakovitch's 8th String quartet, premieres in Leningrad

Event
1960

George Weiss, at 66, resigns as GM of NY Yankees

Event
1960

Penguin Books publishes "Lady Chatterley's Lover"

Event
1961

Max Frisch' "Andorra," premieres in Zurich

Event
1961

James Thurber, humorist (The Male Animal), dies at 66

Death
1961

"Kean" opens at Broadway Theater NYC for 92 performances

Event
1961

k.d. lang, [Kathy Dawn], Consort Alberta, country singer

Birth
1962

Donna Spangler, LA Calif, wrestler (Coal Miner's Daughter-GLOW)

Birth
1962

Felice Lattuada, composer, dies at 80

Death
1962

JFK announces Cuban missile bases were being dismantled

Event
1962

Andrew Elt, singer (Sleeze Beez)

Birth
1963

Ines Diers, German DR, 400m freestyle swimmer (Olympic-gold-1980)

Birth
1963

Susie Scott, San Diego Ca, playmate (May, 1983)

Birth
1963

Ngo Dinh Diem, president of South Vietnam (1955-63), murdered at 62

Death
1963

Only 1st-class cricket game played in Uganda, MCC v E African XI

Event
1963

"Tambourines to Glory" opens at Little Theater NYC for 24 performances

Event
1964

Faisal succeeds Saudi as king of Saudi Arabia

Event
1964

CBS purchases 80% of Yanks for $11,200,000, later buys remaining 20%

Event
1964

Arnold van Dongen, pop guitarist (Lo‹s Lane-Amsterdamned)

Birth
1964

Michael D'Asaro II, Bkln NY, fencer-sabre

Birth
1964

Haakon Stot˜n, Dutch obo‹st, dies at 49

Death
1964

Kevin Gogan, NFL guard (Oakland Raiders, SF 49ers)

Birth